Thursday, October 15, 2020

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 

1. Feedback in. - I'm getting great comments from other students! The comments I find to be most useful are those that call attention to things I have missed - is something I wrote completely unclear? Or does something not read quite the way I thought it would. Sometimes I know what I mean but that doesn't mean it 'translates' to everyone else - that helps me figure out how to write things so everyone can read them and understand me.

 

2. Feedback out.  - I still feel like I struggle leaving detailed enough feedback sometimes. On some stories it is hard to find anything to give feedback on other than "this was great, I really liked the way you wrote it!" so that has been a struggle. That's the luck of the draw with the randomizer though. And 100% honesty, when the week is a struggle feedback is the thing I am most likely to miss doing and instead do extra reading. I'll read SO many blogs and not comment. I lurk. It's awful. Everyone's writing style is so different so I have definitely enjoyed seeing the way other people are writing dialogue and descriptions.

 

3. Blog comments. - I love reading other people's blogs! Love it. Commenting really does kind of give me anxiety though. I don't know if my blog really provides a space to get to know me as I limit what information I share online. I feel that ultimately it allows enough information that people can get an understanding of me.

 

4. Looking forward. - I need to try to check my anxiety in some way and give more feedback. It's a vicious feedback loop of "I'm getting feedback and not giving it" which causing more anxiety. Fun stuff. I don't know what changes I really could make to my intro but I'll think on it. Maybe there is something I could change a bit but I'm not sure. 

 

5. Image.

So this image actually gives a whole checklist on feedback that I love. I picked it because it really resonated with me as a social work student in the middle of a really strange practicum year. While some of this may not really feel like it applies in our online writing world, at least not literally, this is amazing and true for giving really great in person feedback to someone coming to you in a crisis type situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review - Week 13

  "Thanksgiving Decoration" by alasam is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0    I can...