Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Reading Notes - Aesop (Winter) Part A

Part A of Aesop with illustrations by Winters - multiple short fables per page with illustrations. Some stories were shorter than others.

One story that I really took note of is The Owl and the Grasshopper. This story caught my attention because yes the owl was cranky but neither party thought to try to compromise. Instead you end up with a crunchy grasshopper snack but at least the owl can enjoy the quiet again.

I also took note of The Ass and the Load of Salt. It reminded me a lot of when my kid was younger. Things can become a battle and become more difficult or take longer than if you'd just done the task!

The Tortoise and the Ducks also caught my eye while I was reading through these fables. I was reminded of Terry Pratchett's book Small Gods. The turtle in that book was much luckier than this one - he managed to land somewhere soft. 

Illustration from The Tortoise and the Ducks
From The Aesop for Children - Illustration by Milo Winter
 
Bibliography - The Aesop for Children, translator unknown, Illustrated by Milo Winter


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review - Week 13

  "Thanksgiving Decoration" by alasam is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0    I can...