Sunday, August 30, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3:Jewish Fairy Tales

Week 4:Cupid and Psyche

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5:Ancient Egypt

Week 6:Persian Folktales and Fairy Tales

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Filipino Popular Tales

Week 9:African Stories from Lang's Fairy Books

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Hero Tales

Week 11:Marriage Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12:Celtic Tales

Week 13:Aesop's Fables

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Jacobs

Week 15:Lang II

So I've clearly picked some fairy tale heavy units! I am not sure if I'll stick with this - I may get sick of it by week 6 or so, we will see. I do enjoy all types of fairy tales, fairy tale retellings and the like so it should be interesting.

I am glad we have two weeks of Native readings and I had a hard time deciding there. I am am Seminole/Creek and would read more from my own tribe and region but most of the available stories seemed to concentrate on other areas. Maybe that is something I can explore for extra credit. 

(Photo information: "Grimm's Fairy Tales" by Follow the White Bunny is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)

I found my own image for fairy tales. I love old books, even though most of my reading is done digitally. The cover art on the book pictured is just great. I would gladly pick this up and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review - Week 13

  "Thanksgiving Decoration" by alasam is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0    I can...