Friday, November 13, 2020

Storybook Laboratory - Story Research

 So my next story is going to be set in Japan. I haven't nailed down a timeline yet, but I have decided to probably use Mount Asama as my volcano.

It is an active volcano and is constantly monitored by the JMP and frequently seems to have at least a yellow level alert to not go near the crater. 


There is also an active volcano observatory on Mt Asama - https://gbank.gsj.jp/volcano/Act_Vol/asama/index-e.html

This would end up being a more modern story, or potentially a story set in an unknown future date. Volcano 'prediction' has advanced, but we are not to the point where we can give a date and time of an eruption. Even if scientists can say with certainty that a volcano will erupt 'soon' - that doesn't mean an evacuation will be ordered in time or enforced for long enough. 


Potential character names to use are Yuuki & Nozomi

 


 

"Sumi’e ink painting I did in Japan of Mt Asama." by Ronald Douglas Frazier is licensed under CC BY 2.0  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review - Week 13

  "Thanksgiving Decoration" by alasam is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0    I can...