Monday, September 21, 2020

Famous Last Words: The Week with ALL the Practicum

This was the week I felt like I spent every waking moment at my practicum site or doing something related to practicum. I ended up with half the reading done, again, and haven't found the time to finish off part B as extra credit. But I read The Iliad, which I first read decades ago, so do I have some idea of what I missed.

From now on I need to try to stack all the reading on Mondays again. I am not sure how that will work this week with my afternoon class having a group paper due next week, but we'll see. Maybe I can run through it all after class is over around 7pm.

Practicum looks like it is going to continue to be a little wild, maybe through October. In the words of Dory - Just Keep Swimming. Hopefully by that point some things will have settled back out, hours won't be quite as wonky (I hope) and everyone will be back at the agency. 


This is not Dory. Maybe Dory's cousin?

This week I feel like I wrote SO MANY THINGS, but many of those things were in social work speak. For my writing in this class I did try to use the first-person perspective in my story. I am not sure how I feel about the outcome. I don't think the story would have worked well in another perspective, but I also don't know if I was committed to that style as I was writing.

My social work writing seemed to come out pretty well, but so far, everything this year has been relatively short. In previous semesters we were going through so many pages that these small one to two-page papers feel like practice. While that is good, it also leads to putting things off longer than I should. Plus the whole haven't been to campus since March thing really just throws everything out of whack.



(Image information: "Palette Surgeon Fish" by Stefan David, CamperCo.de is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review - Week 13

  "Thanksgiving Decoration" by alasam is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0    I can...